You must make this for Christmas morning breakfast or brunch. It is painless and effortless so you can spend time with your family instead of in the kitchen. You make the batter the night before and put it in the pan and into the fridge. Simply bake it in the morning and you are a hero. Enjoy your holiday and I will be back next week! Merry Christmas!
Egg Nog Coffee Cake
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup eggnog
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon rum extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Egg Nog Glaze
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp. Egg Nog
- Grease bottom only of a 9x13 pan.
- In small bowl, mix all Streusel Topping ingredients with fork until crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Beat in 1 cup eggnog, the sour cream, rum extract and eggs until blended.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover pan; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix all Eggnog Glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle over coffee cake.