The name really says it all. Warm Lemon Pudding Cake.
Made with lemon pudding, this comes out of the oven so warm and oozing with pudding. Sort of like a molten lava cake. Only this is a regular sized cake with the pudding coming out the bottom of the cake.
1 pkg yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker, get the kind that makes a 9x13 size)
Ingredients called for on back of cake box
2 pkg (3.4oz each) instant lemon pudding
1/3 c. sugar
2 c. cold milk
1 1/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake as directed on package.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Beat dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water with whisk 2 min.; pour over batter in dish.
- Don't spread it. You'll fail.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet. (Baking sheet will catch any sauce that might bubble over sides of dish as dessert bakes.)
- Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
For stronger lemon flavor, add the zest and juice from 1 lemon to pudding mixture before pouring over batter in baking dish.
Try serving this topped with fresh raspberries or blueberries.
If you don't fancy lemon, you may substitute vanilla flavor instant pudding.