As in, you'll wake up in the night craving another piece.
As in, you'll eat it for breakfast (hypothetically speaking, of course).
As in, you could eat the entire thing on your own, if you were into that sort of thing.
Confession: I did the first two things. I barely fought off the third thing.
I made this about 3 weeks ago. Lance was gone to WY and my mom was visiting. We ate some that night for dessert. I sent her home with some and that left about half the dish with me. I totally finished it off by.my.self.
In like 3 days.
My kids didn't want any leftovers
which was totally awesome and I didn't even fight them on it at all even after I repeatedly asked them if they were sure. So what's a mom to do?
Then I saw it on Picky-Palate last week as "Chocolate Lasagna". That name is ok, but it truly is Heavenly and I stand by the name. You'll see.
1 (15.5 oz.) package of Oreo cookies
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 pkg. (3.9 oz each) Chocolate Instant Pudding
3 1/4 c. cold milk
2 containers (8 oz. each) Cool Whip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
- Crush all Oreo cookies in a food processor until crushed. You could also put the cookies in a large resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin. That's what I did. I don't have a food processor and a blender definitely does not work for this job. Nope, it sure doesn't.
- Save 1/2 c. of the crumbs for the topping.
- Pour the remaining crumbs into a 9x13 dish and add the melted butter.
- Stir and press into the bottom of the dish to make a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk.
- Set in the fridge for now.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Mix and fold in one container of Cool Whip.
- Spread over the crust.
- Add pudding and spread over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the other Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 c. Oreo crumbs over top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Now can you see why you'll be dreaming about this tonight?
I am making this again today.