My friends, let me tell you something:
I love Chinese food.
It's my favorite food.
So with that said, I can now live in the middle of nowhere absolutely comfortably.
Because I can make Sweet and Sour Chicken in my own kitchen.
Anytime I want.
And this version tastes just like it was made in a Chinese restaurant.
Also, I love a girl named Holly for putting this recipe on her blog for me.
I know it was just for me.
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
Sweet & Sour Sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. I like my chicken partially frozen when cutting. It makes it easier. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
I can't get over how it tastes like it came from a Chinese restaurant.