These brownies are here for my husband.
I am not a huge brownie fan.
Unless you add mini marshmallows, broil them and add chocolate frosting.
So these are in honor of Lance who enjoys brownies.
3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter plus more for pan
5 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped or just use chocolate chips, about 1 C.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 c. mini or regular semi sweet chocolate chips (optional but why wouldn't you add them?)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan or line with parchment paper or foil and butter that.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, heavy bottomed sauce pan melt butter over low heat and stir until butter has melted. Add chocolate, and stir constantly until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. remove from heat, stir in both sugars until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue stirring until well incorporated and mixture no longer appears grainy. Sift flour mixture over batter and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, if using. I also added Kraft Jet-puffed Mallow Bits .
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan; smooth top with the back of wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 28 to 30 minutes. Be sure not to over bake. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 9 brownies.